Aquatic Therapy Can Help...
- Neck and Back Pain
- Bulging Discs
- Sports Injuries
- Joint Sprains/ Muscle Sprains
- Post-operative Rehab
- Total Joint Replacements
- Shoulder Injuries
- Ankle Injuries
- ACL Reconstructions
- Arthritic Pain
- Fibromyalgia/ Chronic Pain
- Balance/ Gait Disorders
Sports Injuries: Athletes benefit from aquatic therapy due to buoyancy unloading stress to joints allowing time to rest between games while still maintaining strength and conditioning. Water exercises also provide a great medium for plyometric training. Athletes can also rehab injuries much faster in the water allowing them to get back in the game sooner.
Arthritis/ Fibromyalgia/ Chronic Pain: Aquatic therapy provides a medium for graded exercise progression to allow for the person with chronic pain to start exercising in a friendlier environment without the painful effects of gravity on their joints. Hydrostatic pressure on the body also modulates nervous system sensitivity providing a pain relieving effect for chronic pain.
Spinal Decompression: Decompression for a bulging disc using buoyancy assistance in a comfortable warm water environment. Water traction involves ankle weights from below and buoyancy plus Rotation belt from above to create a very effective treatment for lumbar discs.
Post-Operative Rehab: Aquatic therapy allows one to start their rehab process sooner, leading to quicker recovery time. Hydrostatic pressure helps with post-operative swelling. Buoyancy assists in early returns of range of motion. Walking can be trained on a post-operative joint sooner. Buoyancy allows for less weight-bearing through the joint, meaning less stress on the surgical site.
Top 10 Benefits of Aquatic Therapy
- Rehab can start sooner...recovery is faster after injury/ surgery.
- Hydrostatic pressure reduces swelling.
- Pain control/muscle relaxation due to warmth (93°) and hydrostatic pressure.
- Buoyancy assisted joint decompression for arthritic pain/ disc decompression for bulging discs.
- Stimulates early range of motion (ROM) gains due to decreased pain and buoyancy assisted in ROM.
- Earlier strengthening using the property of turbulence and viscosity. Propulsion current in our Swimex Pool can challenge even the strongest athlete.
- It's FUN!!! Increases moral and self confidence with increased movement in water.
- Early gait/ walking training can begin post-op with less weight bearing. Balance activity/ training in safe environment.
- Hydrostatic pressure increases circulation which aides in healing.
- Cross training to help athletes recover from or prevent injuries.
State-of-the-art Swimex Pool Features:
- Paddlewheel propulsion system produces water current for resistive exercise or decompressive flow.
- Underwater video biofeedback for neuromuscular re-education.
- Underwater treadmill and bicycle.
- Distinct workstations for underwater exercises.
- Multiple depth pool from 3 feet up to 6 foot depth.